Like many people, you may find that the tattoo you once felt was beautiful is now a source of regret and embarrassment. Laser tattoo removal can be expensive, slow and not always effective. Double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Joshua Hyman can remove your tattoo completely by excising the tattooed skin.
To learn more about surgical tattoo removal, call 212-517-5157 today to schedule a free consultation with Joshua B. Hyman, M.D. Our friendly office welcomes men and women from Manhattan, New York City and nearby areas of New York.
Benefits of Excision Tattoo Removal
There are a variety of tattoo removal methods available today, including laser treatments. In these procedures, laser energy is used to break up the ink of a tattoo so that it can be safely absorbed by the body over time. This costly method requires multiple appointments and can’t guarantee complete removal. For very temporary tattoo treatment, special products can be used to simply cover up a tattoo while you seek a permanent solution.
Unlike other methods, excision tattoo removal works by surgically removing the tattooed area of skin. Under the skilled hands of Dr. Hyman, surgical tattoo excision offers a number of benefits, including:
- Complete tattoo removal: Many patients who have undergone laser tattoo removal find that their tattoos have simply faded, but haven’t disappeared completely. Excision tattoo treatment removes all of the tattoo completely and permanently.
- Completed in a single procedure: Unlike other methods that require repeated sessions over time to address the appearance of unwanted tattoos, excision tattoo removal can be completed in just one visit.
- Quick Procedure: surgical tattoo removal is ideal for the treatment of smaller tattoos. Depending on the size of the tattoo, the procedure typically lasts about one to two hours.
- Pain-free procedure: The procedure is performed under local anesthetic and you won’t feel a thing.
During your initial visit with Dr. Hyman, he will examine your tattoo and determine if surgical tattoo removal is right for you.
Surgical Tattoo Removal vs. Laser Tattoo Removal
Many of the patients who seek out Dr. Hyman for surgical tattoo removal have already tried to get rid of their tattoo with laser treatment, only to find that the tattoo has faded but not gone away completely.
When comparing laser tattoo removal with the surgical removal of a tattoo, consider the following:
- Laser treatments are not 100% effective: Laser tattoo removal can be difficult, especially on darker colored skin. In addition to failing to completely remove the appearance of a tattoo, laser treatment can change the color or texture of the treated skin area.
- Multiple laser treatments are necessary: For the vast majority of those seeking laser tattoo treatment, multiple procedures are required to deliver results. This increases costs and your risk for complications related to increased exposure to laser light.
- Laser treatment is less comfortable: The feeling of laser treatment has been described as a sensation of being snapped repeatedly by a rubber band. This can be an be an uncomfortable experience for some patients.
Call Now to Schedule Your Free Excision Tattoo Removal Consultation
Your first step to getting rid of your unwanted tattoo is a free consultation with double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Joshua Hyman. Call 212-517-5157 now to book your consultation. Our Manhattan office serves New York City and nearby areas in New York.