If pregnancy left you a body that doesn’t feel like yours, you are not alone. Sagging or deflated breasts, a protruding abdomen, and loose abdominal skin are some common ways that having a child can radically change your body. While dieting and exercising can get you to a healthy weight, some post-pregnancy conditions can’t be reversed with any amount of calorie counting or burpees.
Dr. Joshua Hyman is a double board-certified plastic surgeon who can help you regain your pre-pregnancy form and reclaim your body with a mommy makeover. A mommy makeover combines multiple cosmetic surgeries to restore your pre-baby form.
What Does a Mommy Makeover Include?
Mommy makeovers involve a combination of plastic surgery procedures. Pregnancy affects every body differently, so no two mommy makeovers are the same. The four most common procedures included in a mommy makeover are:
- Breast augmentation – This procedure can restore volume to your breasts through implants or fat transfer. Breast augmentations are highly customizable, from size, shape, position, and composition.
- Breast lift – A breast lift can restore perkiness and eliminate excess skin. This is a great option for moms with pendulous breasts after pregnancy. If lost volume is also an issue, Dr. Hyman may recommend both a breast lift and breast augmentation.
- Tummy tuck – This procedure addresses excess skin around the abdomen. A full tummy tuck can address issues on the upper and lower abdomen, including diastasis recti, which occurs when your abdominal muscles separate as a result of pregnancy. If your concerns are below your belly button, you may be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck.
- Liposuction – Sometimes, even after consistently exercising and eating a healthy diet, you’ll have lingering fat deposits. Liposuction can remove fat cells from these areas to smooth out your figure. Whether you had the fat pockets before pregnancy or if they developed as a result of pregnancy, this cosmetic surgery can help you achieve a shapelier physique.
Benefits of a Mommy Makeover
A custom treatment plan and the opportunity to combine procedures are two major advantages of the mommy makeover approach to reclaiming your body. Feeling great and loving how you look are important benefits as well.
- Customization: Dr. Hyman customizes your mommy makeover based on your body and your goals for treatment. When you meet with Dr. Hyman for your initial consultation, you can discuss your areas of concern. He will evaluate your trouble spots and will work with you to design a treatment plan that meets your aesthetic goals in the safest and most effective way.
- Combine procedures – Every surgery requires some recovery time. Since a mommy makeover combines procedures into a single visit, you get the benefit of one recovery period for all of the procedures.
- Look and feel your best – Not feeling confident or comfortable in your body can cause you to hold back from living fully. If you are limiting yourself because you are self-conscious, everyone around you is affected, including your child. Certainly, having plastic surgery is a major decision, but choosing to reclaim your body can be the first step to reestablishing yourself as the best version of you.
Call Us for Your Free Mommy Makeover Consultation in New York
To take the first step in restoring your pre-pregnancy body and feeling your best, contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Hyman. We proudly serve Manhattan and the greater New York City area. Please call us at 212-517-5157.